Endings & New Beginnings

Today is April 1, 2014. Exactly one month since my last entry. Life has officially taken over my blogging for the last month or so. Today is the day Life is put on hold.

Today is my last day working at the EMS Climbing School. After this, I am off to start my new adventure. For those of you who don't know me personally or follow me on Facebook, or are maybe just reading my blog for the first time, I am hitting the road as a Ambassador for the Get Out More Women's Edition Tour with Backpacker Magazine. Not to mention I get to go on this adventure with one of my best friends!


Rebecca and I applied for this job, partly because we knew the previous couple who had been doing it the last 7 years, and partly because we knew the both of us together would be the perfect pair on the road for this job. This job is a job that pays up to do exactly what the both of us love (play outdoors) but to also teach others (women) how to enjoy it and tips and tricks of being in the back country. We will visit over 50 stops, mostly being outdoor retailers, such as REI, EMS, Bass Pro Shops, etc. With lots of time in between to visit some of the most talked about and visited National Parks in the United States!

I will blog on here as my personal blog but we will also be blogging along the way with many other social media sites for Backpacker as well. I hope that all of you follow our adventure and hope that you can learn from it as well as I'm sure we will.

Like many, I have wished and dreamed and told myself one day I want to drive across the country. Here is my opportunity. I worked so hard to get myself where I am today, with many failed attempts, disappointments, set backs, and even negative people in my life. I have pushed through all the bad to face the good that had been waiting for me on the other side.
Photo Credit: Ryan Knapp
I am incredibly excited to start this journey and to start it with a great friend. Hope to see you guys at some of our presentations!

Hike Safe & Keep on Trekking

Comments

  1. Love the blog just discovered it. Have you already made stops in NH? I would love to hear you gals talk. I have not been hiking.. Well lets just say it's been years, but I want/need to get back into it, but slowly. I have had 2 back surgeries in the past 6 years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Huntington Ravine; DUN DUN DUN!

48th & Final Summit; Mount Carrigain

Mount Lafayette Extreme Winter Ascent